Monday 21 March 2011

Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not - Mon Ami
Some gardeners have an encyclopedic memory. They would no more forget the name of a plant and when they planted it in their garden - than forget their children's names and birthdays.

Unfortunately I'm not one of them - which is why I started this blog. Hopefully writing things down will help me remember plant names long after the label has been bleached in the sun or lost down the back of the compost bin.

It was such a nice weekend that I thought it must be time to go shopping in the garden centre...

My local garden centre had a special offer of eight plants for £10. So, I bought a selection to fill in the spaces where I used to put the tomatoes and peas. For the record - this is what is new in my garden...
Achillea Cloth of Gold
Aquilegia Black Barlow
I'm not sure if I have made a mistake with the Aquilegia. It says on the label that it is a double and normally the garden is a double free zone. Singles are a better choice than their double variants which  don't provide nectar. Luckily the bees have plenty more in the garden to choose from.
Centaurea Montana
Delphinium Black Knight
Eryngium Planum
Eryngium Varifolium
Jasione Blue Light
Jasione is a plant I've not seen before. It looks a bit like a Scabious which I already have.

Malva Alba
Rudbeckia Goldstrum
I've been keen to get some Rudbeckia for a while. So. I bought 4 of these. Although I am worried my garden might be going a bit yellow this year. I also have a yellow Clematis (Helios) and will be growing a few sunflowers too.




No comments:

Post a Comment